Study on Your Schedule with SKN Online Drivers Ed
The official way to learn to drive
SKN Drivers Ed has everything you need to get your licence.
The Official Highway Code – Official Guide
Need to take a driver’s education course? Don’t worry about stuffy classrooms or boring lectures. With SKN Drivers Ed online classes, you can enjoy all our online driving classes!
Teen Driver’s Ed (Ages 14-17)
Designed to prepare any teen to take and pass their learners’ permit test. Satisfies all requirements to obtain a permit, with a variety of educational tools that make it convenient for any user to follow.
|PROGRAMME:||St Kitts and Nevis Drivers License Certificate|
|CURRICULUM:||IITAE Skills Academy Programme|
|COURSE TITLE:||St Kitts and Nevis Teen Driving Course – United Kingdom (UK) Standard|
|LEVEL OF STUDENTS:||Basic, and Intermediate|
|CREDITS:||3 ( terms and conditions applies)|
|SEMESTER:||1 ( extended to 90 hours )|
|DURATION:||45 hours ( extended for retakes )|
You can’t just get in a car and start driving, Even if you knew how to operate the vehicle, there are rules and regulations that are imperative to earning your driver’s license. You must learn these rules in order to safely navigate your vehicle. Driver’s education will help you become a defensive driver, be aware of your surroundings, and be able to drive safely within them.
This course is designed to promote safe driving skills and define highway rules and laws. This class is composed of three sections: 30 hours of classroom instruction, 6 hours of driver simulation, and 6 hours of open-range driving. The classroom instruction will cover information related to risk management, taking your driving test, basic driving skills, rules of the road, vehicle maintenance, emergency procedures, buying a vehicle, and St Kitts and Nevis Laws – UK Laws also.
Each student will participate in a series of driving simulation test that will expose him or her to real traffic situations. These test will cover basic driving procedures, identifying potential hazards, practicing good driving habits, speeding and highway markings, traffic signs and symbols, roadside emergencies and accidents. The third phase of this course will include driving a vehicle on the driving range and open road. Each student will participate in a series of driving test and maneuvers as detailed by the instructor. The student will be graded on basic driving skills and their knowledge of highway laws and procedures.
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Identify and explain how alcohol and drugs will affect their driving performance.
- Identify and describe the purpose of regulatory signs and warning signs.
- Identify the meaning of roadway markings and traffic control signs.
- Identify the procedures that are regulated by administrative laws.
- Describe the actions that they should take if they are involved in an accident.
- Identify the steps of starting, steering, and stopping a vehicle properly.
- Demonstrate basic driving skills, (i.e.) moving from a curb into traffic, managing speed, and
- Brake, manage visibility, time and space, passing another vehicle, turning and parking.
- Identify and demonstrate the importance of vehicle systems and maintenance
- Rules for pedestrians ( Rules 1 to 35 )
- Rules for users of powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters ( Rules 36 to 46 )
- Rules about animals ( Rules 47 to 58 )
- Rules for cyclists ( Rules 59 to 82 )
- Rules for motorcyclists ( Rules 83 to 88 )
- Rules for drivers and motorcyclists ( Rules 89 to 102 )
- General rules, techniques and advice for all drivers and riders ( Rules 103 to 158 )
- Using the road ( Rules 159 to 203 )
- Road users requiring extra care ( Rules 204 to 225 )
- Driving in adverse weather conditions ( Rules 226 to 237 )
- Waiting and parking ( Rules 238 to 252 )
- Motorways ( Rules 253 to 273 )
- Breakdowns and incidents ( Rules 274 to 287 )
- Road works, level crossings and tramways ( Rules 288 to 307 )
- Traffic Signs and Signals
- Setup To Drive
- Driving Demonstration
Teaching and Learning Methods
To facilitate fulfillment of the requirements of this course lesson will utilise the following
- Individual & Group work
- Driving Problem Solving
Theory Assessment – 50 %
- Car Basic Highway Code Test
- 7 Quizzes 5 hrs 57 mins – 87%
- Car Intermediate Highway Code Test
- 6 Quizzes 5 hrs 42 mins – 87%
- Car Advanced Highway Code Test
- 4 Quizzes 3 hrs 49 mins – 87%
- Motorcycle Basic Highway Code Test
- 3 Quizzes 2 hrs 9 mins – 87%
- Motorcycle Intermediate Highway Code Test
Driving Assessment – 50 %
Textbooks and References
- Copyright, C. (2021, 03 23). THE HIGHWAY CODE. Retrieved from THE HIGHWAY CODE: https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/
- TSO. (2007). The Official Highway Code – Official Guide . PO Box 29, Norwich, NR3 1GN: TSO (The Stationery Office), part of Williams Lea
- Crown Copyright. The content have been sourced from the 2021 edition of The Official Highway Code, and reproduced under the terms of the Open Government Licence.