INTRODUCTION TO SKNRA
SKNRA prides itself on the ideology that well-rounded, innovative individuals can be crafted out of all youths residing locally, regionally, and internationally by developing their creativity and problem-solving skills to prepare them for global opportunities within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
Through Interactive Challenges, Research & Development and Volunteerism activities SKNRA will become the leading force of nurturing the latent talents of Caribbean youth and present all members and participants with circumstances which will lead them to a future of numerous scholarship opportunities, accredited qualifications, and the chance to enter internationally recognized competitions within STEAM areas.
As the first of its kind in the Caribbean, SKNRA aims to set a standard within the region that regulates the production and research of items relating to Information Technology and Computer Science. The organization not only will encourage the establishment of other Robotics/Information Technology Associations but also intends to create legislation that will protect the Intellectual Property rights of individuals’ research projects. In this way, we are hopeful that the Caribbean can reach a higher level of regional integration through the advancement of STEAM, in turn improving the scale of technology in all member states.
The ST KITTS & NEVIS ROBOTICS ASSOCIATION – SKNRA is a Non-Government, Non-Profit Organization. The Association was found on the 13th of January 2020 and was established on the 27th of March 2020 by Dr. Ricardo R. Neil and the Hobson-Newman & Amritt Law Firm.
All revenue from sponsorships and fees are invested in support of our mission, which is to promote robotics in Science Technology Engineering Arts and Mathematics – STEAM education in St Kitts and Nevis the OECS, CARICOM and worldwide.
ST KITTS & NEVIS ROBOTICS ASSOCIATION aims to bring together young people all over St Kitts and Nevis, the Caribbean, and the world to develop their creativity and problem-solving skills. We accomplish this by organizing events, challenges, and educational robotics competitions.
ST KITTS & NEVIS ROBOTICS ASSOCIATION is dedicated to:
- Offer young people the opportunity to expand their horizons through exploration of robots and robotic systems through STEAM.
- Widen the view of young people and encourage them to be our Future Scientists, Engineers, Developers, Makers and Inventors.
- Help young people acquire 21st century skills like creative thinking, Cooperation and Communication.
- Help introduce the concept of modern science into educational activities.
- Promote robotics in STEAM education in St Kitts and Nevis, the OECS CARICOM and worldwide.
- Bring together young people from all over St Kitts and Nevis and the world to measure their skills and have fun at annual local, regional and international challenges.
Our mandate is to develop and deliver to St Kitt’s and Nevis, the OECS, CARICOM, and the International Community the following without prejudice:
To develop an effective:
- RASP – Robotics After School Programme
- NRC – National Robotics Challenge
- OECS RC – Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Robotics Challenge
- CARICOM RC – Caribbean Community Robotics Challenge
- POP – Public Outreach Programme
- IRP – International Relation Programme
Robotics Association Material:
- Executive Members Roles
- 1. Responsibilities of The Board Chair
- 2. Vice Chair Job Description
- 3. Committee Chair Job Description
- 4. Board Executive Assistant Job Description
- 5. Board Finance Director Job Description
- 6. Volunteer Director Job Description
- 7. Programme Director Job Description
- 8. Public Relational Director Job Description
- 9. Executive Director Job Description
- 10. Assistant Director Job Description
- 11. Executive Assistant Job Description
- 12. Public Relational Coordinator Job Description
- 13. Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
- 14. Program Coordinator Job Description
- 15. Finance Assistant Job Description