Language gives students the opportunity to obtain their understanding, knowledge and skills to promote their
personal growth. Learners will improve and practice their skills in reading, comprehension, spelling, vocabulary and
Some general aims are:
- To enable students to comprehend the spoken forms
- To develop students ability to use English in day to day life and real life situation.
- To write simple sentences to express ideas.
- To understand the written text and able to use skimming and scanning skills.
A noun is a name of a person, place, thing, animal and idea.
Some examples of a noun are wealth, pride, man, woman, Sandy Point, monkey
Pupils are expected to copy and complete the given task in their note book.
Identify the nouns in the sentences.
Underline the nouns in each sentence.
1) The spider climbed up the wall.
2) Francesca will be starting college in September.
3) The clock is on the mantelpiece.
4) Jake was cleaning the attic when his mom came home.
5) Derek went fishing with his friend Ryan.
6) Ken will attend the party tomorrow.
7) Chicago is very cold in January.
8) Karen loves reading novels.
9) The summer vacation begins in June.
10) Boys and girls are playing in the park.
Topic: Word Recognition – The Flood (Rainbow Reader page 144)
Read the story and underline the unfamiliar words, write them in your note books. Find the meanings of the unfamiliar.